Los Angeles, CA Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
Swimming pools are a common staple in many Californian’s lives, providing a great way to have fun and escape the heat. Unfortunately, pools can also be places of great danger for those who use and are around them. Drowning and other pool-related accidents can cause severe damage, even lead to death without quick intervention. Swimming pool accidents and drownings are avoidable, it’s important to contact a Los Angeles, CA swimming pool accident lawyer from Rafii & Nazarian, LLP to better understand your rights regarding public and private swimming pools.
Why Choose Rafii & Nazarian, LLP
Whenever a swimming pool accident is at the fault of another party, California law gives victims a right to fair compensation. The personal injury attorneys of Rafii & Nazarian, LLP, are here to represent these victims, helping them on the path to recovery. When you work with us as your Los Angeles, CA swimming pool accident lawyer, you have the help of a law firm that:
- Operates on a contingency fee basis, with no fees until we win your case.
- Has over 75 years of combined experience in swimming pool accidents and other types of personal injury cases.
- Remains intricately involved with your case through direct contact.
When you’re ready to seek your rightful compensation, contact us for a free initial consultation.
Common Causes of Swimming Pool Accidents
Despite the fun pools provide, they also offer ample ground for many types of accidents. Some common causes involve:
- Lack of supervision. Children are especially susceptible to swimming pool accidents, even when they know how to swim. Without supervision, children can engage in horseplay, and if unattended, can slip under the water and drown.
- Reckless activities. Running around a pool can lead to slip-and-fall accidents, while games that involve pushing people into the water can cause head injuries – both for those entering the pool and those already in the water.
- Not knowing how to swim. Many people don’t know how to swim or rely on flotation devices, which can cause trouble if they accidentally enter a pool or the flotation device fails.
- Lack of security. The failure to put up proper safety precautions around the pool, such as fences, can lead to children, pets, and others falling in and drowning.
- Intoxication. While drinking alcohol and swimming seems like a fun summer combination, intoxication can lead to reckless behavior, slowed reflexes, and a lack of attention, all of which can lead to pool accidents.
Despite many of these causes being completely preventable, they still contribute to numerous pool accidents every year.
Who Is Liable?
Liability in a pool accident case varies from case to case. At public pools, liability often rests with the lifeguards or pool management, like premises liability cases. The same rules often apply to private pools, where the pool owner becomes the responsible party – especially when there’s nothing to keep people from accidentally entering the pool area.
Caretakers who are responsible for watching children using the pool are routinely liable if inattention or lack of supervision leads to an accident. Whenever someone’s reckless actions lead to another’s injury, such as someone pushing a friend into the pool without warning, that person could be responsible for any resulting injuries the friend suffered from the fall. Consulting with a Los Angeles, CA swimming pool accident lawyer is the best way to successfully determine and prove liability in your case.
Contact a Los Angeles, CA Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
Aside from determining liability, a swimming pool accident attorney is essential to receiving the full extent of your potential compensation. Pool accidents can have devastating consequences and lead to lifelong disabilities, even death.
At Rafii & Nazarian, LLP, we understand how emotionally difficult these cases can be and provide the compassion you need. Combined with our extensive experience in working with pool accident and other personal injury cases, we can help you understand your rights and develop a strategy that best fits your goals. Once you start working with us, we’ll always be readily available, no matter when you need assistance. To start your pool accident claim, contact our Los Angeles, CA swimming pool accident lawyers to schedule your free consultation today.