Los Angeles, CA Truck Accident Attorney
Any type of motor vehicle accident can lead to significant damages, severe injuries, even fatalities, but accidents involving large trucks and tractor-trailers tend to be more destructive than others. Due to the large size of these vehicles, accidents involving other vehicles often result in catastrophic injuries and property damage for multiple drivers. When these accidents happen, injured drivers need a reliable Los Angeles, CA truck accident attorney from Rafii & Nazarian, LLP to secure compensation for their losses.
Choose Rafii & Nazarian, LLP
The personal injury attorneys at Rafii & Nazarian, LLP, believe in close communication with our clients. We make sure to uncover all the details of a claim to maximize the client’s compensation and chances of winning at the settlement negotiation table or in court. Our Los Angeles, CA truck accident lawyers have more than 75 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims in California, and we understand the many factors that come into play in truck accident cases. We have helped past clients secure more than $100 million in damages after suffering injuries caused by negligence.
While you may believe that you could save money on legal fees by acting as your own counsel, the average person does not have the time or legal experience to navigate the court’s filing process or uncover all the available routes to compensation in a claim. Hiring a Los Angeles, CA truck accident attorney not only provides a better chance of succeeding with a truck accident claim, it will also most likely lead to more compensation than a plaintiff could secure alone.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can happen for many reasons, and some of the most common causes include:
- Aggressive driving. Passenger vehicles are harder for truck drivers to see than larger vehicles, so an aggressive driver may make a maneuver that falls within one of the truck driver’s blind spots, causing an accident. Speeding and unsafe lane changes are also common causes of truck accidents in California.
- Driver error. This may include taking a turn too fast, failure to brake in time to avoid hitting another vehicle, failing to signal a lane change, or failure to operate specific parts of the vehicle.
- Driving under the influence. DUI is incredibly dangerous, and when it contributes to a truck accident, the results can be devastating, especially at high speeds.
- Lane changes. Tractor-trailers need quite a bit of room to change lanes, so other drivers should use extra caution when a nearby truck signals a lane change. Truck drivers must also make sure they have room to safely execute lane changes.
- Improper cargo storage. A tractor-trailer has a high center of gravity, and an empty trailer can easily tip over under certain conditions. It’s essential to secure the cargo of a trailer properly to balance the weight for the most stability. Special types of cargo such as construction materials, lumber, or oversize loads require specialized security devices.
Who Is Liable for My Truck Accident Injury?
The first step in succeeding with a truck accident lawsuit is identifying the party or parties liable for your damages. In a truck accident case, the at-fault driver who caused the collision may bear liability for the resulting damages. Other factors, such as poor driver training, inadequate vehicle maintenance, and faulty vehicle parts may also come into play.
To prove negligence and succeed with your truck accident lawsuit, you will need to prove that the defendant in your claim was negligent and that negligence directly resulted in your damage. You must also provide proof of the extent of your damage. Economic damage in a truck accident case will likely include property damage to the plaintiff’s vehicle and personal belongings, medical expenses for treating his or her injuries and lost income for wages lost while in recovery. Plaintiffs who suffer severe injuries may also receive compensation for non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
Contact a Los Angeles, CA Truck Accident Attorney
If a recent truck accident in California resulted in injuries and other damages, a lawsuit can hold the at-fault driver accountable for your losses. Contact Rafii & Nazarian, LLP, today to schedule a consultation for your truck accident claim. Our Los Angeles, CA truck accident attorneys will help you understand your legal options and estimate the compensation you could receive from a successful claim.